Our city suffered a tragedy on Sunday which hit too close to home. Harpeth Hills joins others from around our city and nation in praying for our brothers and sisters at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ. Our collective hearts are broken and hurting. Yesterday several shepherds and ministers gathered for a time of prayer with other church leaders from across the city.
On Wednesday evening we open our Auditorium from 5-6:45pm for quiet reflection and prayer. Shepherds and ministers will be present if you would like to pray with any of us. Whether you can attend the quiet prayer gathering tomorrow or not, please pray for the following:
- Pray for Linda Bush, Don and Marlene Jenkins, Joey and Peggy Spann, Catherine Dickerson, Caleb Engle, who were injured in the shooting at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ. Pray for healing. Pray for peace. Pray for their families.
- Pray for the family of Melanie Smith. Melanie lost her life in the shooting at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ on Sunday.
- Pray for the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ. Pray that they will be a beacon of light in dark times. Pray that the Lord will draw near.
- Pray for the community around Burnette Chapel Church of Christ. Pray for strength. Pray for compassion. Pray that Jesus will be known.
- Pray for Emanuel Samson and his family. Emanuel was the shooter in the attack on Sunday. Jesus prayed for forgiveness over those who were in the act of crucifying him. May we do likewise.
The Auditorium doors open at 5pm. Thank you for being a people of prayer.