The Harpeth Hills Church of Christ is searching for a full-time worship minister. This person will lead worship at both our a cappella and instrumental services as well as oversee the entire worship ministry at Harpeth Hills. Interested parties should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The job description is below.
Worship Minister Job Description
Harpeth Hills is searching for a worship minister who is called by God to be a part of the ongoing evolution of a church, rethinking who we are and what we do for the sake of passing the torch of faith to the next generation. Our worship minister must have both a deep appreciation for who we have been and an eagerness to help lead toward the future by participating in the ongoing transformation empowered by the Holy Spirit at work among us.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of the Harpeth Hills church and for those involved in the Worship Ministry – one who is first a minister and then a musician
- Relational skills necessary to engage a large church in worship and who leads worship by worshiping
- Proven competence in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- Proven competence in leading worship
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a part of the Harpeth Hills’ ministry team by attending ministers’ and elders’ meetings, being engaged in the life of the church, and thinking strategically about not only worship but all aspects of the mission and vision of the Harpeth Hills Church of Christ
- Plan, coordinate, and implement all aspects of the Worship Ministry
- Lead weekly evaluation and worship planning meetings
- Recruit and train all participants in worship—testimonies, presiders, announcers, etc.
- Ensure the quality of leadership for our a cappella and instrumental assemblies by routinely leading worship, as well as mentoring and developing leadership skills in others
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers for praise teams and bands, including spiritual growth, maturity, and accountability—while also cultivating their musical gifts and talents for broader use in the Worship Ministry
- Nurture and enhance the offerings of worship in both the a cappella and instrumental services
Coordinate retreats and other growth opportunities for worship ministry team members
- Supervise associate worship minister(s)
- Provide leadership and coordination of worship-related ministries (assembly coordination, audio, visual graphics, drama, etc.)
- Work closely with other ministries to ensure that the musical, technical, and logistical aspects of worship assemblies are planned and executed with excellence
- Develop other ministries or opportunities for members to use their gifts (e.g., choral groups, children’s chorus, youth chorus, drama groups)