Harpeth Hills Church of Christ is a multi-generational family of believers in Jesus Christ. Our heritage and history are rooted in the fellowship known as Churches of Christ. While we honor many of the traditions from our heritage, our primary commitment is to the Bible and walking in the truth, grace, and freedom that Jesus Christ has offered to everyone.
We want to be known as a church that embodies Jesus in all we do, serving those in need, leading people to Him, and strengthening believers.
What we believe:
Our core theology is Jesus, meaning we believe salvation is found in Jesus and Jesus alone. We are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8) and meet Jesus in the waters of baptism. We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and is the only guide for our lives.
When we gather on Sundays, we always observe the Lord’s Supper which reminds us that we stand in need of a savior. While we do not follow the liturgical church calendar, we almost always focus on the birth of Jesus during December and the resurrection of our Lord around Easter.
For Further Study:
- God is eternal—Father, Son & Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1)
- The Bible tells God’s story (2 Timothy 3:15-16, 2 Peter 2:19-20)
- God loves us and wants a relationship with us (Jeremiah 31:3, Romans 8:35-39)
- Our sins separate us from God (Isaiah 59:2)
- Holy Spirit lives in us (I Corinthians 6:19)
- Jesus calls us to follow him (Matthew 4:19, I Peter 2:21)
- God will restore eternal harmony and unity (John 14:2-3, Revelation 21:1-4)
- Believer’s Baptism (Acts 2:38, I Peter 2:21)
- Lord’s Supper (Acts 20:7, I Corinthians 11:20-34)
- Congregational autonomy (I Timothy 5:17)
- Relations with other churches and other faiths (Luke 9:49-20, John 10:16)
- God saves by grace in Jesus alone and calls us to discipleship (Ephesians 2:1-9, Luke 14:26-27)